Rights of the Person Served
SIMAC is committed to providing quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and minimizes our potential impact (carbon footprint) on the environment. We operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do.
- Privacy & Confidentiality – You have the right to know that your personal information is being handled appropriately, at all times protecting your privacy and
confidential information. SIMAC’s Privacy and Confidentiality Policies are available for review at www.simac.ca.
- Transparency – You have the right to know what personal information is being kept about you, how it is being stored, distributed and disposed of.
- Access to Information – You have the right to request the personal information we have about you.
- Dignity and Respect – You have the right to be treated with the utmost dignity and respect at all times during the assessment process.
- Freedom from Discrimination – you have the right to know that you will be treated fairly, respectfully and without discrimination with respect to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, age, marital status, or ability.
- Freedom from Abuse – You have the right to freedom from any kind of abuse or neglect, including but not limited to physical, sexual or emotional abuse, exploitation, humiliation or retaliation.
- Health and Safety – Your health and safety during the assessment process are protected by SIMAC’s policies and procedures, including our evacuation policy for emergency situations, and access to quick First Aid if required.
- Freedom to Choose – You have the right to end an assessment at any time without providing a reason to our staff or the assessor, and without retaliation from SIMAC or its staff or external resources.
- Grievance or Complaints – You have the right to file a grievance or complaint against SIMAC, its staff or external resources without fear of retaliation. SIMAC’s Complaint Management Policy and Complaint Form is available at www.simac.ca.